Putting your Devils bias aside, how would you feel about having a trophy named after Brodeur at one point after he retires. It seems odd to me that there is no yearly award for most wins by a goalie. I firmly believe wins is an important stat for goalies, because without winning the rest means nothing. Thus, its fitting that there should be a new trophy created awarded to the goalie with the most wins at the end of the season. Naturally it should be named after Brodeur. It would be the Art Ross Trophy for goaltenders. How do you guys feel about this?
Now, some details to support this:
- Brodeur has the most 30 & 40 win seasons. Who else would you name the trophy after if not him?
- He consistently led league in wins throughout career.
- Wins are probably the most important way to judge a goalie, since they are directly responsible (more than any other position) for wins and losses.
- Jennings, Vezina & Saving Grace awards are nice, but Wins should be recognized too.
- Most goalies would tell you Wins are most important to them. (ex: Brodeur's quotes "winning", Roy's book "Winning and nothing else" etc)